About Cheryl Winter, DCN, FNP-BC, APRN, RDN
Conroe Texas Bioidentical Hormones Specialist Cheryl Winter, DCN, FNP-BC is a sought-after author and speaker, and a renowned Functional Medical doctor who effectively treats patients with natural and safe remedies. As Dr. Winter explains, “I used to be a conventionally trained legalized FDA-drug dealer, but I discovered I was just making my patients sicker with my pills & potions. Those are just band-aids, and you will never find health and wellness without getting to the root cause. I have over 35 years of experience knowing what doesn’t work, and I now have the real tools that work.”
Dr. Winter sees patients come from all over the area, from Houston to Conroe Texas, to find relief from their chronic health conditions, including diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, weight gain, hormone issues and more. Bioidentical Hormones are used as a natural solution because these are NOT medications….they are what your body may be deficient in. Remember, your body doesn’t have a deficiency of prescription medications, but they can have deficiencies of hormones, that are instrumental in achieving overall health.
As a functionally-trained family nurse practitioner and registered dietitian with a doctorate degree in Clinical Nutrition, a practitioner of the prestigious “The Institute of Functional Medicine,” and a “Worldlink Medical Certified Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy” expert, Dr. Winter’s patients are flourishing and living the healthy life God intended for them, naturally!
I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. I move beyond trends and fads and help you discover what works for your body and lifestyle, allowing you to flourish and thrive. If you fail to act and ask for what you deserve, you will continue to paddle upstream in the same leaky boat. I don’t want that for you, when I know we can win this race to the finish line!
- Doctorate Degree in Clinical/Functional Nutrition at Maryland University of Integrative Health; April 2019
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; August 2010; GPA 3.86; Recipient of the “Mary Alice Harris Metcalf” Award for Outstanding Master Student of the Nurse Practitioner Program-chosen by the program faculty
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; December 1995; GPA: 3.83; Magna Cum Laude
- Master of Science Degree/Combined Internship in Nutrition and Food Science from Texas Woman’s University in Houston; August 1986; GPA: 3.92
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge; December 1979; GPA: 3.12
- Doctor of Clinical/Functional Nutrition through Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (ABHRT) Training through Worldlink Medical
- Certified Practitioner of The Institute for Functional Medicine
- Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management through the American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist with the Commission on Dietetic Registration/Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian with the State of Texas
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- Certified Diabetes Educator through the National Certification Board for Diabetes
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American College of Sports Medicine Health Fitness Instructor Training
- Health Coach Training with Wellcoaches®, accredited by the American College of Sports Medicine